The cats in the Warriors series have many of their own terms and their own expressions with which they communicate. Many of these words describe human objects which are foreign to them.
- Sun-drown place – The ocean.
- Crowfood – Dead, rotting fresh-kill.
- [The] Moonpool – The place where medicine cats meet with StarClan every half-moon in the new territory. The Moonpool is a small pool.
- [The] Moonstone – The place where medicine cats meet with StarClan every half-moon in the old territory. The Moonstone is a piece of quartz.
- Housefolk – Kitty-pet name for humans.
- Workfolk – Kitty-pet name for construction workers.
- Wild Cats – Kitty-pet name for Clan cats.
- Kittypet – A domesticated cat that lives with humans; also used as an insult to another clan cat.
- Twoleg nest – A human house.
- Greenleaf Twolegplace – A human house for rent by the lake in summer; a sailing center.
- Horseplace – A ranch or stable.
- Nofurs – Another name for Twolegs used by loners in the new territory.
- Twolegplace – A human neighborhood or farm.
- Gathering – A time when all four Clans meet in peace every full moon.
- Deathberries – Yew berries
- Newleaf – Term for spring.
- Greenleaf – Term for summer.
- Whisker – A bit.Example: “It didn’t matter a whisker.”
- Leaf-fall – Term for autumn
- Leaf-bare – Term for winter
- Quarter moon – Term for week
- Mouse-brain or Mouse-brained – Insult, equivalent of idiot.
- Fox-hearted – Insult, synonym for cruel.
- Fox-dung – Swear word, exclamation
- Fox in a fit’
“Birchkit, your more trouble then a fox in a fit!”
- How’s the prey running? – Greeting, ‘How are you?’
- Mouse-dung – Cuss word, exclamation
- Great StarClan – Exclamation
- StarClan save us – Prayer
- StarClan help me/us – Prayer
- StarClan forbid – prayer/exclamation